lunes, agosto 17

Day 17 – Raza y etnia

Mientras me acerco al balcón, la bibliotecaria, Ms Livingstone - la que se parece a Carol de Little Britain – se levanta de su silla y me hace una señal con la mano, llamándome.

- Excuse me, younger. You are Spanish, aren’t you?

- No.

- Gosh!

- Why?

- Well… (time)… could I take a look on your library card?

- Sure.

- Well… (time)… you came from Barcelona, didn’t you?

- Yeah.

- And, so, aren’t you Spanish?

- No. I don’t know were I’m from neither if am I.

- Well… (time)…despite of these personal circumstances, are you Spanish?

- No. Maybe, you could consider me as Catalan among others identities.

- Well… (time)…but you were born in Barcelona, didn’t you?

- No.

- Gosh!

- Why?

- Well… (time)… We’d be pleasure if you could answer an enquire about race and ethnicity; however, to finish the poll’s sample, we’re looking for someone from EU, and...

- Catalonia is one of the EU countries.

- Well… (time)… indeed, are you Spanish, aren’t you?

- No.

- Where were you born?

- I was born in Botucatu.

- Gosh! Sorry. What amazing name! Sound like Mallorca. I spent many holidays there. Is it in Spain?

-Mallorca?

-No, the other that you said before…

-No.

-Well… (time)… hence, you’re not Spanish. But is this village located in Catalonia?

- Not exactly.

-Well… (time)… I think that it will not be a problem if we were considering yours answers within EU sample’.

-Okay. Visca Catalonia!

-What?

-Nothing.

Temperatura: 21 ºC
Viento: brisa
Posibilidad de lluvia: 43%
Tipo de lluvia: rápida

1 comentario:

Re Hermann dijo...

Estou adorando seu blog =)